Friday 3 May 2019

Preparing MA hand in 20th May 2019


The beginning of my final hand in box, I’m using an ecru fabric box. I have a number of fabric swatches, wall Muriel remaining to add is a tote bag, maybe a smaller tote and a different colour way. I will try packaging tote with a paper wrap around. Needed to complete some wallpapers to match fabrics, also need to test inks that I have made onto swatch fabric.

Tote Bag Fabrics and colourways


Ecru calico fabric swatches

Linen fabric searches for Tote bag. Indigo navy/ white. Natural undyed linen/indigo nsvy .
Sample of completed tote bag.

Indigo tote bag front image.

Back of your printed message to encourage people to use less single use plastics.
Hand made Pom Poms


Detail on tote bag, up cycled penny, cotton pom poms and leather tags.

I have made my pom poms by hand using a traditional method using cotton yarn and wool. Crocheting a strap and crocheting poms together linking to tote bag using a small gold clasp and loops. These loops need to be soldered as I have test worn a tote bag and the metal loops stretch out and poms fall off, its the same with the old pennies.

1 comment:

Brief over view of project

Poster for MA Show The Poster used for the end of project show at University Lincoln. MA studio in Design end of Degree Show June 20...